Monday, June 4, 2012

Projects




Here are the projects I have completed in the last couple months. The majority of these were completed whilst Grandma watched Ben for me. Without her, I never would have done it. Thanks Mom! The top are some bean bags I made for Ben, then there is the twin size quilt I made for Ben with a matching pillow sham, then some pink burp cloths, and a quilt for the new baby.
To give credit where credit is due, for the quilts and burp cloths I relied heavily on the tutorials from quiltingintherain.blogspot.com. And for the pillow sham I used a tutorial from elizabethannedesigns.com.
The baby's quilt is a rag quilt and was the first of the projects I completed. It took quite a bit of time to sew each of the little quilt sandwiches, but it was much easier to put together.
The hardest project by far was also the biggest. Ben's quilt was quite the challenge, especially since I was 34 weeks pregnant when I finally completed it. The hardest part was all the work I had to do on the floor, since it was too big to lay on my table. But, I persevered and it is done! I do not recommend making large quilts to anyone in their third trimester. LOL! I think it came out pretty well since it was my first real quilt.
The  baby's room is slowly coming together. We are 95% done with paint-just some touch up to do. I do need to put up the wall decorations. And Corey still needs to paint some furniture for Ben's room, so that we can swap his stuff with the baby. But, we have plenty of time, right?
Our tour of the hospital is this week! Looking forward to checking it out!

No comments: