Friday, June 29, 2012

We are 'patiently' waiting for Kennedy to arrive. A week and a half left till my due date. I am pretty much all set for her to come. I am certainly ready to regain my ability to move around more easily and sleep more comfortably, despite the interruptions I am sure to get! Below are some things we have been doing to keep busy along with a prego picture!
 Me at 37.5 weeks pregnant with Kennedy
 Our last family photo with just the 3 of us, soon to become 4!
 A few of the hairbows I made for Kennedy
 This is a carseat pillow for Ben that I made. It is designed to hopefully keep his head from flopping to the side when he falls asleep on long car rides. I have yet to try it out, but hopefully it will do the job. I feel so bad seeing him slouched over in such an uncomfortable position on car rides. I plan to make one of a different style for Kennedy as well, since this one was such a pain to make.
 Here are pictures of Kennedy's room with pink curtains and polka dots. Corey and my brother did all of the painting and paneling.
 Here is the other side of her room with her name and some picture frames. We have the changing table in there and Ben's future big boy bed for the time being. Kennedy will sleep in the playpen for the first little while in our room. Ben has yet to climb out of his crib, so we plan on keeping him in it for as long as we can.
 This is a boppy cover I made for the boppy pillow I got myself. Didn't use one with Ben, but I thought I'd give it a try with this little one. It is a pillow I can use for extra support while feeding Kennedy, and it also can be used to sit the baby in so that she will be propped up a little bit.
Along with all the work Corey did in the baby's room, he took the time to refinish this dresser for Ben. This dresser has been in my family for many years, but had seen better days. Corey sanded it, painted it and put a new finish on the hardware. Also, the dresser is so old that it does not have the safety pull outs that stop the drawers from falling out when you pull on them, so Corey fixed that problem too. This is a must, so that they don't fall on Ben when he opens the drawers. Corey did a wonderful job and I love the way it looks. Now, he just needs to paint Ben's twin bed to match!

1 comment:

Nicole and Preston said...

good luck these last few days! Can't wait to see pictures of Kennedy!